Edneed LMS: How To Create The Online Test And Use Its New Features
With the technical advancements commenced in the education sector, the complete paradigm has started shifting to the online learning mode. These changes in the educational landscape have replaced traditional classrooms with online classes. And since the traditional learning activities were on a halt in light of the pandemic, the evaluation of the students’ academic process throughout the year needed an alternative solution too.
“Necessity is the mother of inventions”, this phrase stands out to be true in this case. Students across the globe witnessed a new phenomenon named Online Tests. All these online activities were made possible with the help of the Education Management System.
Just like the replacement of traditional classrooms with online classes, online tests have been introduced as the alternative solution to the traditional mode for the educational sector. It was a necessary feature for every institute to evaluate their students.
However, there were certain issues that needed to be addressed with this new mode of tests, like conducting monitored and fair exams. Few products available in the market, that let institutes conduct the online test, do not address this concern. But, we are here with the product you were looking for.
Online Tests in Edneed LMS
We have already introduced our online test feature through our previous blog.
You can read it from here: Edneed LMS: A Complete Overview Of Teacher’s Dashboard
In the blog mentioned above, we have described the overview of the teacher’s dashboard. And, how you can set up an online test?
Since our product is showered with some major updates recently, it is our responsibility to help you understand the product in a better way. As promised, we are here with a new blog that will guide you through the latest upgrades in the online test feature of our Education Management System.
The teacher’s dashboard has changed a lot with the latest update. This is how it looks now.
Let’s just dive into the online test panel. For creating test questions, you can follow the same steps as mentioned in the above blog link. However, there are a few changes that we’re highlighting here.
- After opening the online test window, fill in the asked details as asked in the above image.
- In the end, when you choose the subject, you will get two different options, i.e All attendees and Specific Attendees to choose from.
- Click on the “Save and Continue” button.
- Then the “Question Paper” window will be visible.
- Set up your question paper.
- You can use the blog link mentioned above to check how to set up your question paper.
- Then click on the “Save and Continue” button.
- After clicking that, the “Settings” window will be active.
- Here, you can choose the specific settings for the online test. You can check the image below.
As a teacher, you can choose if you want to allow your students grace time. You can also choose between the three available restriction modes for the test. The online test on our platform will be conducted in full-screen mode, because of it the restriction modes can be used effectively.
- No Restriction: In this mode, students can freely minimize or switch between the tabs during the online test. This feature can be effective during the short-term assessment of the students.
- Moderate: This mode restricts the students from minimizing or switching between tabs for 5 times only during the online test. However, every time a student tries to minimize the tab, the controlling teacher will get a notification regarding the same.
- Strict: In this mode, students will not be allowed to switch or minimize the tabs during the online test. However, if the student tries to do so, a final warning will pop up in the student’s window. And repeating the same process will terminate the online test.
With each restriction mode, a number of instructions are bundled already. However, the teacher can add and remove the added instructions for the online test.
- After selecting the mode, click on the “Save and Continue” button.
- The newly created test will be visible on the online test window.
- In the newly created test panel, the teacher will get 4 options.
- Notify: To notify the students about the online test.
- Edit: To make any changes in the created online test.
- Delete: To Delete the selected online test.
- Clone & Edit: The teacher can use this option to make a copy of the selected test. Then the teacher can make the desired changes and use them again in the future.
Once the test is created and scheduled. The teacher can click on the notify button to send a notification to students. Then students can log in to their dashboard and start giving the test.
We hope this blog is beneficial for every educator using Edneed LMS. We have developed our product to ease up the hurdles of educators. We understand how important it is to evaluate the students fairly. And using the online test for checking their academic progress throughout the year comes with the issue of using unfair means during the test. This is why Edneed came up with a solution like restriction mode in its online test feature.